Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Compound Words Activity Packet!

Hello everyone!  Happy Fourth of July!  It's Jayme from Teach Talk Inspire!  


I am so excited to be joining this fabulous team of bloggers to share some great dollar deals with you!  I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday with friends and family and getting to enjoy some quality down time. 


July Fourth has always been a favorite holiday of mine.  Who doesn't enjoy spending time with loved ones, grilling hot dogs and hamburgers, and watching fireworks?!  I'm taking a quick break from the patriotic celebrations to share a new dollar deal with you today!

Even though it's summer and we're all relaxing, I know we're all looking to stock up on some goodies for our incoming students.  Today I'm sharing a packet of activities from my store that my students absolutely LOVED this year!  My Compound Words Activity Pack!


Teaching compound words is so much fun and I loved using the different interactive activities and games included in this packet.  There are very few days that you WILL NOT find my students up and moving and this packet of activities helps you to do just that.  Keep your students moving and having fun!


My students loved starting their learning with these adorable visual cards and game called Compound Connection.  My students were each given a puzzle piece and asked to find a matching partner who would create a real compound word with them. 


Also in this packet, you will find compound word display cards to use for your word wall, on an anchor chart, or for a center activity!


My students LOVE interactive activities like Find Someone Who.  Not only does it get my students up and moving but it allows for all of my kids to interact and participate at the same time.  My students don't even realize they're learning when they're playing this game!


What kid doesn't love to scoot?  My kids get such a kick out of scooting around the classroom to other kid's desk or around the room.  This compound word scoot is a great way to assess students to see where their knowledge of compound words are and what additional practice they may need.  


Another interactive activity included in this packet is Compound Word Pictionary!  My students love to draw and this was a great way for them to practice identifying compound words, spelling them, and using them in sentences!

To see the additional compound word activities like interactive notebook pages, Highlight A Word, and Spin a Compound Word and snag this dollar deal check it out in my TpT store here!

I hope you all have a very happy and safe holiday!

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment