Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Rainy Day Writing

Hello Friends!

It's Jennifer from 


here to share a resource that I hope will help your young writers respond positively to the wet weather we've been experiencing lately!   



I've spent most of my spring break "listening to the rhythm of the falling rain" here, and just  spent my afternoon printing and laminating these materials for my second graders to use next week.




April showers will surely bring May flowers when my second graders get a peek at all of the wonderful spring books I've put out in our classroom library!  We are just finishing up a unit on the water cycle and getting ready for lessons about the life cycle of plants, so this collection will not only be enjoyed for pleasure but will aso be used for research!























A great video that I used to launch our discussion of the importance of rain was the Reading Rainbow classic read by James Earl Jones, Bringing Rain to the Kapiti Plain.  My class loved the poetic, rhythmic, and rhymed pattern of the text, and might just turn the story into a Reader's Theater production for our upcoming Grandparent's Day in May!  If you do not have access to Reading Rainbow through Discovery Education's United Streaming, you can view it on You Tube {HERE}complete with African music and great sound effects!

See the product preview {HERE} in my TpT store!  If you like this collection of thematic activities, you might also like my post about some of my favorite spring books over at Classroom Tested Resources this past week!

Before I sign off on this Saturday evening, I need to send a shout out to the talented TpT sellers whose graphics help me design this post and resource!  Be sure to check out their stores!



As always, continue to teach your children well!  Keep sharing your story and remember to  hold a song in your heart!

May any rain in your life go away.....and come again another day!

Warm Regards,
~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment