Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December Math Journal

Hello!  It's Kelsey from Aloha to Second!


Wow!  I cannot believe the Christmas season is here already!  This school year is flying by.  Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, but it is definitely an overwhelming time.  That is one thing I find so useful about all of these blogs and TPT is how we can find things to make teaching so much easier for us.

So, to help you during the holiday season, I am placing my December Math Journals on sale for $1 for the next three days!  It is perfect for second grade and aligns with the Common Core Standards.  Also, if you teach Everyday Math the material in the packet go along with that math program.  However, you do not have to use Everyday Math or Common Core to find this math journal useful.



I made math journals for my students using the materials from Elementary Shenanigans.  Visit her blog to see what she does in the morning.  A huge shout out to her creative and clever idea!  I use the Math Mission materials during my math lesson, and I start each math lesson with the math message from Everyday Math and then they complete one of these journal pages.  I play the Mission Impossible theme song while they work on it, and they have to be completed when the song is over.  My kids LOVE that.  They have no idea where the song is from, but they love it.

If you click here, you can get my math messages.  They are from the Everyday Math series for second grade.



 This is the math journal page where the students practice explaining how they found their answer.


Another math journal page!


This is the math message page that goes along with the math lesson. 


Here is the cover of our Mission Impossible Possible Math Binder from Elementary Shenanigans.  Be sure to visit her page!

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you're able to catch this dollar steal!  I have loved using these journal pages in my classroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment