Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Monday, October 13, 2014

Pumpkin Time

It's Kim from Splish Splash Ms. Lander's class!  I'm checking in for lovely Lawrence, Kansas. 



All things fall are happening here.  The weather is beautiful (finally)!  Apples are being picked, pumpkin patches abound, KU basketball has begun!!!  AND the Kansas City Royals have made it to the postseason for the first time in 29 years!!!  (Holy Smokes!)


I am a first grade teacher and I work in a fabulous suburb of Kansas City.  We just got the new Journeys curriculum.  I have been diligently working away on weekly lesson plans and supplemental materials.  Journeys has wonderful trade books to complement the series.  Guess what???  there's a pumpkin book!!! YES, From Seed to Pumpkin lesson plans are here!!!  I paired it with the super cute How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? for a weekly reading lesson.  (You can get How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? on the Scholastic book order, so hurry on over and grab it!)  It has plenty of math and science extensions.  Definitely worth the $1.00 roll back!!!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Perfectly-Pumpkin-Reading-Lesson-Plans-and-Supplemental-Materials-Journeys-1471318



You lucky ducks are going to get three days to buy my typically $5.00 lesson plan for $1.00!!!! WHAT A STEAL!!!

I'm going to let you in on a little secret...I'm going to be a Grandma!!  My lovely oldest is having a baby!  Once I got past the initial shock, I was excited.  Those of you that know me, know my oldest is in the Navy.  Get ready..... She's coming home!!!  What?!?!!  Yep... my girl is coming home!  There's a whole lot of back story, but she's being honorably discharged and moving home to have the grand baby.  In her honor, I'm marking down my Military Math Centers to $1.00.  Another STEAL!
Veteran's Day is November 11th.  It will be here before you know it, so plan ahead!!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Military-Inspired-Math-Centers-CC-Aligned-1356504
 
 
Since, I am blessed with three lovely daughters, and all good things happen in threes.  I am going to put my Apple-liscious Math Centers on special as well!  These would be great for math practice and review.  My kids are currently using them during our Guided Math time. They are $1.00 too!
 
 
 
 I bought a bunch of tiny plastic apples at Wal-Mart.  You can see them in this picture.  We were using them to earn rewards, but they fill up the jar WAAAAAYYYY to fast!  Had to get something a bit smaller! LOL!  The kids use the apples on ten frames in one of the math games.  You could also use counters, but the novelty of tiny apples keeps their interest.  I bought tiny apple erasers to use as counters too!  I think I got them at US Toy.
 
 
 
Let's recap, Perfectly Pumpkin reading lesson plans and supplemental materials $1.00, Military Math Centers $1.00, AND Apple-luscious Math Centers $1.00.  That's a $15.00 value at $3.00!!! This won't last long-- three days in fact, so make it easy on yourself, go and get all three!
 
I'm so happy my daughter is coming home I'm going to hook you up with one of my very best FREEBIES!  It's a differentiated sight word game called Squashed.  My kids love it!  I love that I can target key sight words.  I have several levels in my classroom.  The trick is to print onto scrapbook paper so if the cards get mixed up the kids (or you) can sort the games super quickly.  Personally, I like to leave sight word games if I know I'm going to be gone.  Subs appreciate the ease of Guided Reading -- if there's a game.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Squashed-Sight-Word-Game-FREEBIE-955872
 
I hope you all had a Happy Day!  I'm glad to have shared mine with you!
 
 
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment