Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Explorer Flaps for Interactive Notebooks from Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

Hi! It's Jamie again from Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher.

As I type this post, I am getting ready to board a ship for an "exploration" of the Caribbean! I am looking forward to my adventure, but hoping it is not nearly as treacherous as the voyages of the early new world explorers!

When I get back from fall break, I will be starting a unit on new world explorers with my students. It is the perfect time for the unit since Columbus Day is October 13th! My students will be learning about a variety of explorers. After we read about an explorer, they will be writing and coloring the explorer in their social studies interactive notebook!

Here is a look at the Columbus one that we will do first...




Even if you don't do interactive notebooks, these foldables could be glued to a piece of Construction paper and make a nice display.

You can grab this kit for just $1 for the next two days! What a deal!


Explorers included:
Columbus
Lewis
Clark
Magellan
Coronado
Cabot
Cartier
Pizarro
Hudson
Cortes
Ponce de Leon
Nunez de Balboa

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment