Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Friday, September 19, 2014

Vocabulary Frames

Hi everyone! It's Aimee from {Taking on Second} with a way to introduce vocabulary words. I have been looking all summer for a new way to introduce vocabulary words. The way I do it now is not as effective as I would like it to be. We read the words, use them in a sentence, and do a table talk about the word. When I taught first grade, we would learn the word and then students would draw a picture of the word in their Vocabulary Quilt. My frame is a similar idea, but a little more challenging for older students!
Students start with the vocabulary word in the middle. In each corner, they have a specific task to do with the word. 
Their are four frames on each page. I copy mine front to back to make it one page for our eight vocab words.

 In my room, we will do this as a whole group. We are going to start our frames in the second nine weeks. These would be a great addition to your vocabulary routine or even as word work for older grades. They are just $1.00 in my {Teachers Pay Teachers store}! Click the cover at the top or the words in blue to head over and check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment