Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Place Value Dollar Deals!

Hey there!  It's Amanda from The Primary Gal!  I am so excited to share a couple of my products that I have created and used in my classroom over the last several months.  If you are like me, you probably begin the school year by teaching and reviewing place value.  And let me tell ya, so many kids struggle with understanding place value!  

I love using task cards to differentiate and support the many strengths and weaknesses that students have on a daily basis.  I do this through the use of Exit Tickets, which allow me to see which students "get it" and who still needs help.  From there, I split them up and get to work.  Nearly everyday, we use task cards to help all students get support at their level.  


In the picture above, we were using my Identifying Place Value Task Cards, to prepare for rounding.  One struggle that many students often have with rounding is the struggle with the place or position in which each number falls.  To remedy this, I created a set of task cards to help students practice finding a given position.  In the task card shown above, the student is using the words hundreds, tens, and ones to name the underlined position.  Later in this same set, I switch gears and ask students to write the number that is in the ones, tens, or hundreds place.  The beautify of this set of task cards is that there are three different levels of cards.  You can use them for differentiation purposes or use throughout an entire unit.


I also used these task cards by printing them out in black and white and sending them home for practice.  They were perfect for practice and allowed the few students who needed the additional help the support and repetitive practice they needed.  


FINALLY, we were ready to begin rounding!  I started them off slowly, utilizing many of the six sets of task cards that are included in the packet.  Lower students were able to practice the basics, while higher level students were able to be challenged with new and more difficult skills.  

Now, let's get to the "Dollar Steal" portion of this post!  For the next THREE days, I will have my Identifying Place Value Task Card and Rounding Task Cards for only $1.00!!!

And just for fun, I'd like to give you a "Teacher Deal" and mark down the prices of MANY of my other sets of task cards!  Be sure to check them out by clicking on the images below.

Image Map

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment