Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Monday, September 8, 2014

I Love My White Shoes: A Pete the Cat Activity

I am so excited to finally get my turn at posting for Teacher Deals and Dollar Steals. I am Lindsey Law from Miss Law's Kinders, and I am so happy to share with you my super cute and fun $1 product!

In my Kindergarten classroom, we spend the first couple weeks of school talking all about colors. Not only are we working on identifying the colors, but also learning to identify and read the color words. We supplement our color unit with a kid favorite, Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes. I decided to create an activity to put our knowledge of colors to use that would be an extension of the children's book. (I might also add, this would work as a great cause and effect activity, but I didn't go into depth in it with my Kinders. You most certainly could with other grades though!)

So, here is the activity...

We read Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes at the rug and discussed different items we could step in with our shoes just like Pete the Cat did. We then decided what color our shoes would turn if we stepped in those items. We followed our discussion with our creativity.

First, we wrote our responses, followed by coloring, cutting and gluing our shoes to our writing. The end result was perfect!




This was one example of an end result. I loved this little boy's creativity. He said he stepped in burritos, and now his shoes are brown. :) 


You can grab this activity for $1 for the next three days by clicking on the picture below.


I hope this activity is as fun for you as it was for my class. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment