Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Comprehension Detectives: Story Elements

Hi friends! I'm Marcy from Saddle Up For 2nd Grade and I'm super excited to share my dollar steal with you today! For those of you that don't "know" me, I'm a 2nd grade teacher in the great state of Texas! I just started my fifth year teaching and my fourth year in 2nd grade.

As teachers we cannot express the importance of reading enough to our students. Developing comprehension at a young age is so important. This year I really want to focus on turing my sweeties into private eye readers. I'm excited to share with you my reading Comprehension Detectives: Story Element unit. It includes activity to go along with ANY story.

Reading Comprehension Detectives: Story Elements by Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

Here is a closer look at what is inside the entire unit. All the activities include a color and black and white version to make things printer friendly. 

Reading Comprehension Detectives: Story Elements by Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

Two types of interactive journal pages are included. They fit perfectly in a regular sized notebook. 

Reading Comprehension Detectives: Story Elements by Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

2 sets of task cards are included. They are perfect for small groups or to use as a write the room activity. The first version includes multiple choice answers. The second version, they write their answer in a complete sentence. This can be used for later on in the year once the skill has been mastered. Here is a preview of what they cards look like. 

Reading Comprehension Detectives: Story Elements by Saddle Up For 2nd Grade
Reading Comprehension Detectives: Story Elements by Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

Of course the unit wouldn't be complete without a cute craftivity to go along with our private eye learning. A boy and girl detective template is included. Your students would fill out the story elements about a story that you are reading, then they would attach them to their detectives magnifying glass. 

Reading Comprehension Detectives: Story Elements by Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

Reading Comprehension Detectives: Story Elements by Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

All year long I'll be working with my kiddos on becoming awesome comprehension detectives. You can grab this unit on sale for $1 for the next three days! You heard right. August 26th-29th, this unit will be only a $1. Get it while you can! Click here to get it in my TPT store. 
I'd love you for you be a part of my online adventure. You can follow my blog here, visit my Facebook here, and check out my IG here. Happy shopping friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment