Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Friday, January 8, 2016

Thinking DEEPER With Pattern Blocks

Hi Friends! 
It's Amber from A Smiling Teacher and I'm so excited to share one of my new resources with you! 
I absolutely love math workshop but the planning at times can become overwhelming! It's so important that my stations are purposeful and hands on. At the beginning of the year, I always allow plenty of time for my students to freely explore pattern blocks. Later we move on to the pictures where the students match the shapes on top of the pictures. Those are great introductions to shapes but at this point in the year, I'm ready (and so are they) for  some higher level thinking! 

Guess what?! 
I have something that meets all of those needs and requires NO PREP!! Did I mention that there is one for each month too?! 
Introducing...


All you need to do is make some copies and put a tub of pattern blocks out! Students will create the picture using the pattern blocks, trace it, color it, and add some details! My kids LOVE this station, and I LOVE that it's easy to prepare and that they are learning! Plus, no two pictures look the same!!



Check out these little snowmen!!!



Grab this YEAR LONG RESOURCE for ONLY $1.00 through 
1-10-16! 
Enjoy! :) 
Have a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment