Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

It's Time To Talk Turkey!

Hello Friends!

The countdown to Thanksgiving has begun, and I'm here to share a resource that will help your primary grade students build word power as they countdown to the holiday!

It's been awhile since I shared here, but my laptop was in "crisis mode" for most of October!  That sad state of affairs prevented me from creating and blogging for a bit, so it is very nice to be back. The literacy pack I'm featuring today is one I've updated and added to!  It's sure to help your young writers expand their vocabulary and successfully sort synonyms and antonyms!















The sets of word pairs for both synonyms and antonyms can be used as matching practice activity between partners, or with your whole class as a "read the room" activity, or a seat-to-seat "scoot" game!  Be sure to click {HERE} to see the preview in my TpT store!  It will be $1.00 through Friday, Nov. 13th!















If you already own this pack, please be sure and re-download!  I've added answer keys for the "scoot" game, two matching practice pages, and two "try it" pages for students to use to generate their own word pairs.  I also improved the fonts, graphics, and format!










In closing, let me share some of my favorite books and a link the The Learning Station's holiday brain breaks that will make nice additions to any November thematic lessons you might be planning!

You might also like some of my other Thanksgiving resources {HERE} in my store!  Grab some ideas on how to enrich your lessons about the first Thanksgiving and engage your young learners in a non-fiction noun study {HERE}!





Until next month, stay healthy, happy, and grateful!  Continue to share your story and hold a song in your heart!  Be sure to stop by my blog, Stories and Songs in Second, as you have time!  December is my birthday month, and I've got some fun things planned!

Warm Regards,
~Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment