Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Handy Helpers!

Happy Sunday friends!  It's Jayme from Teach Talk Inspire here and I am so excited to be sharing a fun resource that has become a very helpful staple in my classroom.  This year, I started a new way to display and organize student jobs in my classroom.  In previous years, I would limit the number of classroom jobs that I provided my students.  Which led to almost half of my class without jobs for an entire week.  I knew I needed to get my entire class involved in our classroom community and keeping our classroom environment safe and clean.  My Handy Helpers display has been the answer!



I created numerous classroom jobs to hang up in my classroom to get the entire class involved in our daily routines.  Each student has a clip that is placed on their job for the week.  Jobs that students can have include technician, teacher's assistant, pencil monitor, paper passers, line leader, caboose, calendar helper, etc.


There are five students who do not have jobs hanging on our display because their job for the week is very important.  I created five table captain cards to leave on student's desks who are in charge of their table for the week.  As table captain, they are responsible for passing out and collecting all writing workshop materials for their table, keeping their table clean of scraps and other materials, and encouraging positive behavior from other students at their tables.  This has been a welcomed responsibility for my students and they are really proving that they can handle it!



If you're looking to change up your classroom jobs display, my packet of EDITABLE, did I not mention that before?! My packet of easily editable classroom job cards will be on sale for the next 3 days for just $1.50 in my TpT store here!  I hope you'll be able to use them!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment