Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Make Ten to Add and Subtract Task Cards

Hey ya'll! It's Marcy from Saddle Up For 2nd Grade!

Saddle Up for 2nd Grade

I hope everyone is off to a great start with their school year. If you haven't started yet, I hope you are enjoying your last few days of summer before the year begins. Today I'm bringing you two dollar deals and steals to help you get the year started. Making ten to add and subtract was a difficult concept for my kid to learn last year. It was a new concept from our new curriculum and we definitely had to have lots of practice. We used my Make a  Ten and Add Task Cards and Use Ten to Subtract Task Cards to help us practice this skill during our small group time. 


We used tens frames and colored counters to practice making ten to add. Using manipulatives to demonstrate the skill gives them that hands on approach that all kids need. 


When using ten to subtract, we used number lines. 


Both sets of task cards are available in color and black and white. 16 cards are included in each set. You can grab both sets in my TPT store for ONLY $1 the next 3 days! Click on the links below to grab them in my TPT store! 




Use Ten to Subtract Task Cards



You have until Friday, August 28th to grab both of these for only $1!


No comments:

Post a Comment