Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Eric Carle Inspired Classroom Decor


Hi, it's Amy from Teaching in Blue Jeans, and I am excited to share today's dollar steal with you!  If you are anything like me, you spend a lot of time, thought, and effort into deciding what I want your classroom to look and feel like.  For years, I spent countless hours researching, brainstorming, scouring the web for the "perfect" classroom theme.  Once I made a decision, I would spend countless more hours getting everything ready.  In the summer I'd have great ideas and plans for how to weave my theme in and out of everyday life in my classroom.  Some of it would happen and some wouldn't as the day to day requirements of school life took over.  By the end of the year I was usually disappointed in myself for not doing everything I wanted with the theme.  So the next summer I'd start the cycle again looking for a new theme.  Crazy - I know!  Hopefully, I'm not alone in that crazy cycle!

When I moved from 3rd grade down to kindergarten I decided that I wanted my "theme" to be less interactive and more decorative (freeing me of the some of the previous pressures I put on myself).  However, I still wanted it to be educational in nature.  I decided on decorating my classroom with all things Eric Carle.  I love Eric Carle's books and illustrations and thought they would be perfect for kindergarten.  So I spent my summer scouring the internet looking for ideas.  I found lots and lots of decorative ideas, but very few when it came to classroom needs. So instead of changing my theme, I went off in search for Eric Carle inspired clip art and decided to just make it myself!  I used a combination of the things I could find with the things I created.  The result for me was a colorful, happy, classroom that the students (and parents) loved!  Best part, I loved it too and have kept the theme for 3 years!!!  Think of all those summer hours I saved!

Today I'd like to give you a glimpse into my Eric Carle Inspired classroom.  Make sure to read all the way to the end because I have a special $1 deal for you!

Here's a glimpse from the door of my classroom. 
The back cabinet used to display Star Quality Work! 
Classroom library/reading area 
Front of the room where we do carpet time and calendar 
One of the side walls.  Library on the left, word wall in the middle, math shelf
with manipulatives, puzzles and centers on the right.
If you'd like to add a touch of Eric Carle to your classroom, this is the perfect time to get started.  For the next 3 days, my Eric Carle Inspired Alphabet Posters (what classroom doesn't need an alphabet) will be on sale for $1!!!  You can find this set in both English (regular print and D'Nealean) and Spanish and all will be on sale.  Just click on the picture below to grab yours today!  Make sure and check out all the other Eric Carle Inspired items that are there too!


I hope you enjoy today's deal as much as I have!



No comments:

Post a Comment