Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Sunday, July 26, 2015

August Problem Solving Journal Prompts

Hey ya'll! It's Marcy from Saddle Up For 2nd Grade and I'm so excited to share one of my latest products with you for today's teacher deal and DOLLAR steal!


Last year my school district switched math curriculums and there was a heavy focus on problem solving. I knew that my kids would struggle with this as the year went on and the problems began to get harder. I created my monthly problem solving journal prompts to incorporate word problems as part of our daily morning work. It was one of the best decisions I made all year. Each morning after they finished their morning work, they'd grab a journal prompt, glue it into their journal and get started. Once they got into the routine, it didn't take them long to complete at all. We started these in September of last year and by the end of May they were problem solving pros! Even with those pesky multi-step problems that 2nd graders are introduced too. 


My August Problem Solving Journal Prompts are todays DOLLAR STEAL! This unit includes 30 daily prompts that include basic addition and subtraction problems along with some multi-step problems to get your students back into their math routine. At the top of each page, it tells you what skill is being covered so that you can easily skip around if needed. 

Each child can fit approximately 4 prompts on a page to save space. 

You can grab my August Problem Solving Journal Prompts for only $1 the next 3 days. After that, they will go back to their original price. Click here to grab them. 


The August edition has also been added to my yearly bundle. This includes problem solving prompts for the entire year. Each month, more skills are added and the level of difficulty increases. You can grab my yearly bundle by clicking here. It is also on sale! 


You can check out the individual monthly units by clicking here


Have a great day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment