Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Thursday, June 11, 2015

End of the Year Luau Celebration

Hello all!  It is Kelsey from Aloha to Second and I am back with a GREAT deal for you!



I wanted to wrap up my year in style, so I decided to throw a luau for my students and parents.  This event took lots of planning to prepare for the big party.  So, I made this fun packet just for YOU!  All you have to do is print, copy, and GO!  This is a super fun packet that includes everything you need for your luau celebration.


This packet starts with a letter to parents and family members inviting them to your party.  All you have to do is pencil in the date and time you choose.  Don't forget to add the RSVP date!  I also made it easy for my OCD friends that like all the papers to be typed in nice font - there are editable pages for you!  Pages that can be edited are made available and all you have to do is add a text box in PowerPoint and you are good to go!


Once you've sent home your invitation, you have some things to get done with your students before your guests arrive.

First, I make a timeline with my kids that shows all the fun things we did and all the things we learned throughout the year!  The kids loved this, and I always forget how much we do in just one year!  The packet also includes timeline worksheets that students can fill out independently.  There are headings for the large timeline sheet included, as well. 
I also post our timeline on the wall so when our guests come they can read it!


Then, I get things together for a photo booth.  This packet includes some props to use, and I also got on Oriental Trading to purchase a few more fun props - like sunglasses and hula skirts!


I have my students create a fun pineapple placemat because anything with their handprints is adorable.  This is also a great keepsake!

Students practice their fine motor skills by ripping paper and create a modge podge flower.  They loved this, and I enjoy using them as centerpieces for the party!


I have also included a fun end of the year writing prompt and a craft to go with it!  Students can write about what they plan to do in the summer or what they look forward to in the next school year.  Then, they create flip flops to go with the prompt.  

"I'm Flip Floppin' into _______ Grade"
or
"I'm Flip Floppin' into Summer Break!"

There is a how to with pictures to help you see how to make the flip flops!




Students write their parents a thank you note for all their help during the school year.  Then, they make a fun bucket craft to place their writing on. Parents always love this!


Students make their parents a sweet little magnet they can stick on their refrigerator.  There are templates included in the packet, and all you need is foam and magnets to glue to the back of them using a hot glue gun.  I let the students decorate the magnets using markers.


There is a literacy and math game included within the pack.  During the big Luau, students can play a fun literacy game where they roll a dice to answer certain questions for fiction and nonfiction books.  They will read the book first and then answer the questions.  There are recording sheets available as well.  


For the math game, there are number cards and students can either practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.  They pull two cards from the pile.  If they answer correctly, then they can place a luau character on the game board.  Once they have 5 pieces in a row, they win!


The students loved all of these activities and the parents loved all the keepsakes.  I had a lot of fun making this and completing it with my students.  I am looking forward to using this again next year - it was definitely a hit!

Be sure to snag your dollar deal here.  You won't want to miss it!  You can use this fun activity next year with your class!


Thanks for stopping by!  Aloha!





No comments:

Post a Comment