Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Friday, June 19, 2015

Back to School Dollar Steal!

Good morning, Dollar Steal Friends!  

(Disclaimer:  I will apologize ahead of time for lack of pictures.  My computer bit the dust last night.  Thankfully, I can post with my husbands computer, but with limited pictures!)

I know school just got out for summer, but we all know that our wheels are spinning for Back to School 2015.

Building relationships with students is my number one objective for the beginning of the year.  Getting to know them is top priority, and I'm sure it tops your list as well.  

I achieve this goal in a number of ways, but one of the most enjoyable is through our All About Me books!  



On the first day of school, I have always read a book that I create about myself.  I've struggled over the years with finding a cute version, so I just created one! :)  This pack includes an easy to use template for you to insert your information.  


Each week, a Student of the Week gets to take our class mascot, Owley the Owl, home on Friday.  Owley comes in a backpack with instructions, a diary to write about their adventures, and an All About Me book for the student to complete.  We read these books when students return on Monday, and they enter a special basket in our classroom library, where they stay until the end of the year.



It's fun to see students learn about their classmates. It's the first step in building a classroom culture and community.  

You can snag this product for just $1 until Monday!

Mrs. Banister's Kindergarten Kids



No comments:

Post a Comment