Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Friday, April 10, 2015

Fluency Phrases from Aloha to Second

Hello!  It's Kelsey from Aloha to Second again.  I am back with a dollar deal just for you!  


Check out my fluency phrases by clicking on the picture below.



I post these in an area in my classroom where my kids can practice their fluency.


I copy each of them in color so they can see the difference between each level.  The pack also includes a certificate for each level when the child passes the phrases.

I have my students practice each list at least 3 times before they read the list to me.  They must read the set in under a minute to earn credit for passing.  


The students record when they practice to keep track of how many times they say each list.  The students pair up with a partner to practice.  One will time while the other one reads.


The center also has whisper phones where they can practice independently, highlighters, and markers for recording.

They LOVE the center and look forward to passing each list.

I would love to hear how you practice fluency in your classroom - share below. :]





No comments:

Post a Comment