Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Area & Perimeter with Geoboards

Hello friends! This month I'm sharing my area and perimeter task cards! Area is a big part of our measurement standards in 3rd grade. These cards were created so there is more than one correct answer. I created them this way so they can be used more than once. I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for ways to save on time and I've found this to be a great way. Most of my math station activities are open-ended so they can be used for a month with different practice each time.


The cards are available in color or black & white. I chose to put mine on colored paper this time. The pink cards are easier tasks that mostly require the student to use the area formula. The yellow cards are more challenging, and require the student to think a little more. 


After the student completes one of the task cards their math partner must check their work before they move on to another one. This has created great math conversation during station time.


The kids like it because they can choose their level and they LOVE using geoboards. We had to review proper use of the tools before I put them out, but they've been very responsible with these 
 tools. These task cards will be $1.00 through Monday!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment