Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Friday, January 30, 2015

Word Work Sight Word Bundle {Proud to be Primary} & February Journal Prompts {One Sharp Bunch}

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all have started the new year off feeling great, with a surge of energy for the rest of the year!
It's Elyse from Proud to be Primary and today I'm sharing my $1 deal and steal for the month of January! Excited to welcome, Ashley from One Sharp Bunch, again this month with her dollar deal below. 

Click the button below to head over to my blog to stay in touch with my products, freebies, and ideas!
My $1 deal this month is a great pack for your students to practice their Dolch sight words. It's my Word Work Sight Word Bundle.

This bundle of word work printables will help your students learn their sight words by handwriting, stamping, drawing, and writing sentences with their sight words. Your students will learn to read and spell out each sight word with this activity.

There are 4 sets of differentiated worksheets (for Pre-Primer, Primer, 1st, and 2nd grade) and each word work sheet has 4-5 sight words on it for your students to practice and learn.

The Pre-Primer and Primer sheets have tracing, stamping, and fancy writing on each sheet.
The 1st grade sheets include a sentence to stamp.
The 2nd grade sheets include a spot to write a sentence with each sight word.
In this pack, you will get 38 pages of printable worksheetsIt covers all the sight words from the Pre-Primer, Primer, First, and Second Grade sight word lists. It is differentiated all the way through and perfect for Kindergarten to 2nd grade. 

You can grab the Word Work Sight Word Bundle as a steal for ONLY $1 for the next 3 days (January 30th - February 1st). Click the image below to head to my store to check it out!
I'd love to stay connected with you! Head over to read my blog Proud to be Primary, like my Facebook page, pin me on Pinterest and check me out on Instagram!





*******************************

Hi, friends!  Ashley here from One Sharp Bunch!  I'm super excited to be teaming up with Elyse for some amazing dollar deals!  My kiddos have been doing so well with our monthly journal prompts that I could hardly wait to get our February prompts printed.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/February-Journal-Prompts-No-Prep-Work-on-Writing-1670816
These journal prompts have been a great opportunity for my students to practice many skills, including correctly forming the letters, segmenting words, making finger spaces, beginning with a capital letter and ending with a period.  Most of all, I love that these prompts allow for creativity while writing.
When I first introduced our journal prompts back in December, I began by brainstorming some creative ideas for completing the prompts.  Since we typically write small moment stories during Writing Workshop, this creative aspect during our Work on Writing time was welcomed with open arms.  Just to clarify... We do Writing Workshop everyday, but we use these prompts during our Work on Writing station as a type of writing menu to encourage a variety of writing genres.  Plus, they are great for early finishers!  As the students complete a page, they color the corresponding heart on the cover.
My kiddos especially love to use the illustrated "monthly dictionary" when writing.  These dictionaries, along with our word wall, provide just the right amount of support to motivate even my reluctant writers!
Plus, each journal prompt includes primary lines, as well as plain lines.
These monthly writing prompts have been a great way to help build confidence while writing.  Plus, they are an easy way for me to keep a portfolio of my students' writing to share with their families! Grab them each for $1.00 for the next three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment