Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

It's TIME for Interactive Notebooking with Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

Interactive notebooks have changed the way that I teach! I use interactive notebooks as a formative assessment that guides my mini lessons and small group instruction. I feel more in tune with my students' needs than ever before. And my students are having a blast putting them together!

Are you new to interactive notebooks? Are you wondering what they are, how you can find time and how to grade them? I put together a FREE file with the answers to all these questions plus notebook covers, table of contents and rubrics. Click on the picture below the download.


My favorite time to use interactive notebooks is during guided math groups. I have students add foldables to their notebook that match the skills taught during mini lessons.



While students are completing their interactive notebook activities, I carefully observe. If a student is able to complete the activity accurately with little or not assistance, I will give them a check for that skill on my mastery checklist. I make a digital checklist using the FREE Evernote app. If you want to know how to do that, check out my FREE tutorial.


After guided math groups, I can look over my mastery checklist and make decisions about mini lessons that need to be taught to the whole group and those that are only needed in certain math groups. I can also see which students are ready to be enriched.

I have interactive notebooks for place value, multiplication, division, area & perimeter and time. Are you ready to give one of them a try? For the next three days, you can grab my Time Interactive Notebook for only $1!!! That is quite a deal! Click on the picture below to see the complete product and take advantage of this amazing deal!


Happy notebooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment