Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas...

It's Brittany from Mrs. Banister's Kindergarten Kids here to give you a TEACHER DEAL!!!

Mrs. Banister's Kindergarten Kids

Can you believe there are only 35 days until Christmas?  I'll be honest, I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed with all of our family obligations on the calendar from now until Christmas.  It's my favorite time of the year, but gee whiz... It's busy!

It's no different in my classroom.  We start December off with a bang... Our Gingerbread Man unit!  I love all that we do that week, including comparing various versions of the classic story, performing the play, The Gingerbread Man, from HeidiSongs, and topping it all off with creating our own gingerbread houses.  Parents come in to help their sweeties create masterpieces from milk cartons, graham crackers, frosting, and candy.  They turn out so adorable.
Look at these precious boys and their gingerbread houses. :)

My sweet class from last year rocked the play, The Gingerbread Man from HeidiSongs!  Check out her website to learn how to purchase it.  It's EASY, and everyone loves it!

What does the fox say?  "Me want cookie!" I guess... :)

We've done this unit every year I've taught, and it's become a favorite tradition.

Last year, I created a fun station pack that went with the gingerbread theme.  It's normally $5 in my little store, but you can get it for $1 until Friday night!  Hopefully this little Teacher Deal will help relieve some of the holiday stress from your classroom!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment