Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fall Problem Solving Journal Prompts

Hi friends! It's Marcy from Saddle Up For 2nd Grade.



Can ya'll believe how fast this year is flying by? I can't believe it is almost October. My days are so fast paced. I feel like I have no time this year. 

This year, Texas has new math TEKS. Our standards have become a lot more challenging for my sweet 2nd graders. There is a heavy focus on word problems with addition, subtraction, and multi-step up to the number 20. I wanted to incorporate problem solving on a daily basis and needed something that would be quick and easy to manage. I made my first set of monthly problem solving journal prompts. Each morning, they get their daily prompt, and glue into their journal. We made it a part of our morning work routine. My kids have been finishing their morning work super quick this year (which is a good thing!) so it wasn't a big deal to add a few extra minutes to cover this skill daily. 


You can check them out in my TPT store. There are 30 word problems that include basic addition and subtraction and multi-step concepts. At the top of each page, I've included which skill those prompts cover so you can easily skip around. 

Fall Problem Solving Journal Prompts by Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

You can grab these journal prompts for only $1 for the next 3 days!!! Click here to see them in my TPT store

No comments:

Post a Comment