Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tired of Homework? Look No Further!


Two years ago, I started really thinking about the purpose of homework. In my kindergarten classroom, we work from 8:00-3:00 every day. The thought of sending kids home with more work to do started to boggle my mind.

Knowing that the home to school connection is crucial to a student’s success, I started brainstorming how to make that connection without making it busy work. 

Enter Book Bags. 

Yes, I'm putting these together on the bed.  You know you've done it, too. :)

My Book Bags were purchased from Lakeshore, but you could easily use a sturdy freezer zipper bag. Also included are sight word flash cards,

 a homework tic-tac-toe board (which is due on Friday), 


and the leveled reader for the week.

Parents and students sign a contract before the Book Bags go home, ensuring that the bags will be properly cared for. 



Book Bags are sent home on Monday. All of the homework is due by Friday.

I have bundled the entire product (minus the decodable reader) to make it simple for you to implement Book Bags in your classroom.  Head to my store to check it out!


I have had great success with Book Bags in my classroom. I hope you have as much success in your own classroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment