Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Number Line Fun!

HI everyone! It's Emily from Emmy Mac's Class! I'm so excited to be posting here for the first time! I have never been involved in a collaborative blog and I'm so happy to be part of this amazing group!

Here is my Teacher Deal & Dollar Steal for you!!!! 


Last year I decided that it was time for me to replace my old number line. It was in bad shape...let me tell you! I went to Scholar's Choice, which is a big teacher's store in Ontario, but all of their number lines were really... blah. So I decided that I would make my own. 

There were a couple of things that I was looking for in my number line.
First: I wanted it to be attractive to the kids.
Secondly: I wanted it to help my little ones count by 2's, 5's and 10's.

 I added red and yellow stars, to help students  count by 2's.


If students wanted to count by 5's, they could count all of the green numbers. 

What I like the best about my number line is the size. In my classroom I just post the first 50 numbers.  However, the number line goes up to 100! I also keep it down low so that it's easy for my students to reach and use. I love seeing my little ones up at the board using the number line to help  solve a problem.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Click HERE to take a look at the number line in my store! Remember it will only be on sale for 3 days! So pick it up quick!

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for another great "Teacher Deal and Dollar Steal!"

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment