Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Guided Reading Organization Made Simple!

Hello Friends~

Happy Saturday! It's Dianna Radcliff from Sassy, Savvy, Simple Teaching!

 

Today is my first time blogging here on our new collaborative blog Teacher Deals & Dollar Steals! I just love my bloggy friends! This has been such an exciting journey the past year!

So let's get to it! We are talking small group reading instruction here today. If you are just starting your new school year or you are just finishing beginning of the year assessments, it's time to start thinking about organizing your small group instruction. Let's be honest, we all hate having to do extra stuff like anything above writing lesson plans. But, we all know that the better we prep ourselves & stay organized the better our class will run. This holds true to the teaching & learning in the classroom.

Small group reading instruction can include a variety of activities such as: shared reading, guided reading, independent reading, strategy work, skill work, grammar, phonics, language, writing & so much more.

Well I've got an item that I've created for everyone! The best part about this item to me is, that I have been using these items in this pack for years. They are organization forms that help me run my small groups. I have used theses forms while teaching: Kindergarten, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade & 5th Grade. Putting this pack together came natural for me. I created these forms based off of what works for me. I feel that small group instruction is the most important teaching time of the day. This pack is a "mini-bundle" of 2 products. So you get everything I use in 1!!!

{CLICK ON THE PHOTO FOR A DIRECT LINK}

The first pack includes my skills & strategies checklists. This pack aligns to the common core standards {or any set of standards} as well as reading behaviors & more! Checklists based on specific strategies & skills observed is the easiest & clearest way for me to track my student observations during small group instruction. It's honestly a time saver when I'm in the middle of a group.


The second pack includes my anecdotal notes & group organization. There are a variety of ways to take a quick running record, well my favorite way is included. There are also a variety of ways to organize the groups of students who work in collaborative groups together & groups you pull for instruction. All of these items are included as well. Also included are mini-anchor charts for reading comprehension skills to use at your small group meeting area.


This DEAL & DOLLAR STEAL with be available for $1.00 for the next 3 days!!!
Saturday, August 23rd
Sunday, August 24th
Monday, August 25th
You can click on any of the photos above or HERE for a direct link!

I hope you all find this product as useful as I have for so long now & have a great weekend!!!

Love, Dianna
Sassy, Savvy, Simple Teaching

No comments:

Post a Comment