Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Monday, January 11, 2016

Wonderful Winter Word Work!

Greetings from northwest Ohio where the weather forecast calls for high winds and snow storms starting later tonight!

Am I wishing, and hoping, and praying for a SNOW DAY?  You betcha!

My students were a acting a little loony today, so I am for sure wearing my pajamas inside out, putting a spoon under my pillow, and flushing an ice cube down the toilet in hopes of some time away from the fray tomorrow!  Time off would also allow me to print and prep these word power activities that just received a makeover!  If you own it already, be sure to re-download!  If you don't, grab it {HERE} for $1 through Wednesday, January 13th!  Be sure to check out the full product preview!





Last year my class had great fun creating these paper bag snowman puppets and writing winter compound words on the snowballs provided.  They also enjoyed highlighting the rhyming words they found in my original Snow Day poem, and kept it in their partner reading folders for fluency practice.










Making words activities, as well as a variety of creative writing prompts are provided and can be used for whole group lessons or literacy center practice.










Be sure to check out this other word power pack {HERE} if your students need practice sorting winter vocabulary words into categories and reading for context clues!  





As always, thanks for stopping by Teacher Deals and Dollar Steals for all the great resources offered here by some of my best blogger buddies!  Know that we wish you all good things as the new year unfolds!  Be sure to stop by my blog, Stories and Songs in Second, for more ideas and resources to help you teach your children well!

Warm Regards,

Jennifer






No comments:

Post a Comment