Home About Us K-2 Grades 3-6 Grades Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Smart Kids: Crayon Box Book

I know right now you are enjoying the smells of suntan sprays and pina coladas. In just a month or so, you'll go back in your classroom to the smell of freshly waxed floors and new crayons. Today on Teacher Deals and Dollar Steals I'm sharing one of my most popular products—a crayon box book.



On the first day of school, my kiddos dump two boxes of brand new crayons into their plastic boxes. I just can't stand to throw away 50 empty crayon boxes. After all, I'm trying to do my part to keep the world green...and pink and purple...by recycling. Ta-Da! We turn our boxes into little flip books. 


Begin by cutting off the sides, bottom and top flaps from each box. You can cut blank paper to fit inside your crayon-box covers. Bind the pages between covers by punching holes and using metal rings. Provide color-word flash cards so students can write a different color word on each page. 
You can also grab these pages for a dollar over at my TPT store.


This package includes pages for the eight basic colors found in a box of eight crayons along with pink and white. 

Here are examples of the pages:



No comments:

Post a Comment